Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dear President McCain

Okay, you win. I did not think it would happen, but someone once said you'll never go broke underestimating Americans. I thought that issues which threaten our very way of life would be important, since our health care system sucks, the baby boomers are about to decimate the economy, and our infrastructure is about to need major upgrades. But it looks like I was wrong, and I am a big enough person to admit it.

I really thought Obama had a chance. But I forgot the Democrats are famous for snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. They have never learned that the enemy of your enemy is your friend. The true conservative wing of the Republican party hates you, but they hate mamby pamby Democrats even more. Your party is even letting the American people pay for your campaign, while the national party has raised more to help take back the Congress. Oh, and how is it that you take crap from someone for months, then humiliate them, put them in debt, yet basically give them YOUR convention? WTF is that? Oh yeah, that's the Democratic party way. Oh, and a note to perpetual Senator Obama, if you are going to a DEBATE at a church, have a Goddamn decent answer to the abortion question that you know is going to come up.

President McCain, I know it's your world, and I am just a squirrel trying to get a nut, but I hope you will listen to a few suggestions. One, despite your win, Americans are still by and large, idiots. Just look at the poll of folks who think their houses have INCREASED in value over the past three years. Optimism is one thing, stupidity is another. Two, a country cannot be both free and enslaved at the same time. This is a corollary to my first point. Our educational system is in shambles, despite No Child Left Behind. Even the kids coming from "good" schools are lacking. We have gone from gentleman's C's to gentleman's A's in colleges, in order for these schools to say they have high GPA's. If we do not educate our population, get off oil or at least provide additional alterantives, and provide true health care for everyone, we will be beholden to the highest bidder, and will make Hedda Nusbaum look like Laura Croft-(Sorry if you do not get either reference, but that's sort of my point.)

Listen, I can not wait for the parties, I think your suggestion that your wife would make a good "Miss Sturgess" biker chick is rad, and I pretty much enjoy seventy-five degree weather in DC in January, so I am breathlessly awaiting your reign. Please remember to take you Ginko and to wear your sunblock, and if InBev tries to screw with Budweiser and your wife's company's earnings, I am sure that you will be able to find some good old boys to invade France and show them who is boss...or is it a Belgium company? I forget.

Anyway, good luck, God Bless, you rock!!!!

Yours truly,
A Democrat whose butt is sore

No comments: