Saturday, September 20, 2008

Good morning suckers...

My name is Maurice; and I am a sucker. I pay my bills, and when I had a mortgage, I paid it on time. But now I see that our government never valued people like me; instead, it values "risk takers". And now, by adding another $700 billion to "buy bad loans", they are showing me that good guys do indeed finish last.

Let's see, my jackass neighbor will get to stay in his house, despite the fact that he never pays his bills, and put down nothing for his house. Of course, my taxes will go up, because my income comes from work, not from dividends. Oh yeah, I also get screwed, because the money I have managed to save, has just been devalued by the government printing money (anyone see the rise in the price of oil and the price of the Euro lately?)

Guess what? The talking heads are now saying we cannot afford a "middle class tax cut"; yet they are not pulling back on ending the Bush tax cuts.

I am going to take my twelve step program for economic suckerism. The first step is acknowledging that I am a sucker. The second is acknowledging that there are things the government will now do to me that I cannot control. My third is accepting that I am a peon in the larger economic scheme...Oh screw it, I am going to buy a bigger HDTV and get "No Money Down, No Payments Till 2012" financing. My days of being a sucker are over.

No comments: